Sunday, March 27, 2016

:: morning neighbourhood walks & country markets ::









It's been very quiet here on my blog lately. I promised myself, at the beginning of year, that I would be more active on my blog, but it's almost April, and this is my first post. Not sure why I find it so hard to express myself. I can agonise over a blog post for days, weeks, even months, before pressing the 'publish' button. Why is this?  It's not that I have nothing to share, quite the opposite. 

I've been trying to get out more to take photos of my neighbourhood. I live in such a pretty city, full of beautiful old homes. Most of the photos I take these days are on my mobile phone. To be honest, I can't see the difference most of the time. These first 4 shots were taken with a Nikon DSLR camera. 


The weather has been unbearably hot here lately. Easter rain has been a welcome relief. We decided to take a short drive to visit the Fernvale Country Markets. Despite the rain and mud, we had a great day. Such a typically Aussie market, no hipsters to be seen. I loved it. All my photos were taken on my Samsung Galaxy phone. 

The Fernvale Country Markets are held at the Fernvale Primary School every Sunday (rain or shine) between 6am - 12.00pm.

On the way to the market, I had to stop and take a quick snap of the cute bus stop - Lovers Lane, Ironbark.








Of course no day trip to Fernvale is complete without a stop at the Fernvale Bakery. The sausage rolls are so good. It didn't bother me one bit that we had to eat in the car because there was no where to sit near the bakery. 

Overall we had a pretty laid back weekend. Just how I like it.

Happy Easter weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment